Dace Silava–Tomsone is the Managing Partner of COBALT Latvia and is one of the best known and widely recognized M&A, Competition, Real Estate and Construction Law experts in the country. During 20 years of practice she has advised many governmental institutions, local and international companies on major M&A, real estate and investment projects, as well as in intricate cartel, dominance and merger control cases.
Dace is regularly involved in legislative development acting as a member of the Permanent Working Group of the Ministry of Justice on Amendments to the Commercial Law, as well as working groups of various NGOs. She has written widely on M&A and competition law subjects and lectures on corporate governance with Riga Graduate School of Law.
- Corporate/Commercial - Eminent Practitioner, Chambers Global 2017
- Competition/Antitrust - Eminent Practitioner, Chambers Europe 2017
- Real Estate - Eminent Practitioner, Chambers Europe 2016
- Corporate and M&A - Leading individual, Legal 500 2017
- Financial and corporate - Highly regarded, IFLR 1000 2017
- Latvian, English, Russian
- Haridus ja liikmelisus
- Executive Education - Professional Board Member, Baltic Institute of Corporate Governance (2012)
- LL.M., University of Latvia, Faculty of Law (1998)
- LL.M., College of William and Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law, Williamsburg, VA, USA (1996)
- LL.B., University of Latvia, Faculty of Law (1994)
- Latvian Bar Association (since 1994)
- International Bar Association (member of Corporate and M&A Law Committee, Antitrust Committee)
- Registered Industrial Design Agent with the Patent Office of the Republic of Latvia