Edgars has more than 15 years of professional experience in Banking & Finance, capital markets and M&A field. During his practice Edgars has successfully advised some of the most significant financing, capital markets and M&A transactions in the region (both Latvian and cross-border) and has earned an excellent reputation for being one of the top specialists in the field. His clients include major international and local credit and financial institutions, private equity and venture capital funds and investors. Edgars is also a member of the Legal Committee of Latvian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association.
Before joining COBALT, Edgars was working as an in-house counsel at Swedbank.
- Banking & Finance - Band 3, Chambers Europe 2018
- Banking, finance and capital markets - Next generation lawyer, Legal 500 2018
- Financial and corporate - Highly regarded, IFLR 1000 2018
- Latvian, English, Russian
- Haridus ja liikmelisus
- Master’s degree in Law, Turiba School of Business Administration, Riga, Latvia (2007)
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, BA School of Business and Finance, Riga, Latvia (2007)
- Lawyer qualification in law, University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia (2005)
- Latvian Bar Association (since 2010)
- COBALT nõustas SEB panka ja Swedbanki EUROAPOTHECA grupi finantseerimises
- COBALT nõustas investeerimispanka Morgan Stanley seoses Olympicu aktsiate omandamistehingu finantseerimisega
- COBALT nõustas ravimifirma Oriola Balti üksuste aktsiate väljaostu juhtkonna poolt
- COBALT nõustas Eesti Arengufondi ja selle investeerimisettevõtet SmartCap riskikapitali portfelli üleandmises erafondivalitsejale Tera Ventures