Three days of outstanding speakers and interesting program was brought to us.
Conference sessions and topics discussed recent trends relating to capital markets and banking transactions and regulatory developments, such as:
- Payment services industry novelties, regulatory and technological challenges
- Can the current legal framework on financial services cope with blockchain trade models?
- Artificial Intelligence in the financial industry
- Follow-up on capital markets regulatory overflows from Dodd Frank to, Basel III or rather IV and well as CRD, EMIR, MAD, not forgetting the Prospectus regulations
- Liability of rating agencies – attempting to dispel the fog
- How can you do an M&A deal without knowing your shareholders or bondholders? Role of proxy advisors
- Clawback policy on incentive compensation in light of required restatements
- How to reach the financial close in PPP Projects
COBALT Estonia Partner and Head of Banking and Finance practice group Kristel Raidla-Talur was part of the welcome committee and among speakers of the conference. Her topic was “Seed funding – helping the early investors catch the worm”. This session explored the different ways in which seed-stage venture-capital investors provide capital to start-up companies. Session covered topics as typical structures used for early stage investments, the pitfalls to watch out for and the key differences between seed-stage funding and normal funding arrangements to established corporates.
In addition, COBALT Estonia had a chance to do something pretty historical. In co-operation with four other leading law firms we hosted and introduced Estonia to more than 250 Banking and Finance lawyers from all around the world.
Thank you IBA for bringing this to us!