Construction of a woodworking complex in Mogilev region (Belarus) with a value of more than EUR 70 million is a unique “green-field” FDI-project in the Belarusian local wood-processing industry. In fact, the furniture which is produced in the woodworking complex is ordered and designed by IKEA and is exported to CIS countries.
The COBALT associates supported UAB “Vakaru medienos grupe” (VMG) on different matters:
- national local labor provisions
- certain issues regarding status of wood industry in Belarus
- export of wood products
- drafting of the investment agreement and other transaction documents
- conducting negotiations with the state authorities
- advising on construction issues