Mart Blöndal is an Associate at COBALT. He is an expert in the fields of competition law and European Union law.
Mart advises clients primarily on all aspects of competition law, including merger control, abuse of dominance issues and cartels. Amongst others, Mart successfully advised DNB in getting merger clearance from the European Commission for the creation of the new bank Luminor, the largest ever transaction in the Baltic banking markets.
Mart holds a BA degree from the University of Tartu, Estonia, and an LL.M degree in European business law from Lund University, Sweden. He was a member of the Lund University Moot Court team and successfully represented Lund University in the Swedish Competition Authority essay competition in 2016. In addition to COBALT, Mart is working as a senior editor for Caselex and is responsible for the merger decisions of the Estonian Competition Authority. Lastly, Mart is a guest lecturer for the mergers and acquisitions course in Lund University, Sweden.
- Estonian, English, German
- Education & membership
- Master of Laws (LL.M) degree in European business law, Lund University, Sweden (2016)
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences (BA), law, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2014)
- Estonian Bar Association (since 2017)
- COBALT successfully represented UEFA
- COBALT advised Luminor on cross-border merger
- COBALT advised the majority shareholders of Baltic Media Holding on selling their shares to Havas
- COBALT advised European Diversified Infrastructure Fund II on investment in Utilitas, leading private Estonian energy group
- COBALT advised shareholders of TMB Group on selling its business to Consolis Group
- COBALT advised Alexela Oil on the acquisition of 220 Energia
- COBALT advised Luminor on obtaining ECB approval for cross-border merger in the Baltics
- COBALT advised Port of Tallinn on its IPO and listing on Nasdaq Tallinn Stock Exchange
- COBALT advises HHLA on acquiring Estonia’s biggest terminal operator Transiidikeskuse AS
- COBALT advises Luminor on reorganising its management structure
- COBALT advised Baltic Horizon Fund on acquisition of Postimaja shopping center
- COBALT advised Yliopiston Apteekki OY on selling its pharmacy chain
- COBALT advised BPM Capital on financing the investment of Tahe Outdoors
- COBALT advised DNB on the creation of Luminor – largest ever transaction in the Baltic banking market
- COBALT advises DAVA Agravis Machinery Holding on acquisition of 45% of shares in Konekesko Ltd