Tõnu Kolts is a Senior Associate at COBALT Estonia. His specialisation is tax law and he has long-term experience in advising both domestic and international clients. Tõnu is a recognised expert in cross-border taxation matters as well as matters pertaining to transfer prices. Likewise, he has extensive knowledge on employees share options. In addition to tax law, Tõnu advises clients in corporate law matters.
Before joining the COBALT team, Tõnu worked as a tax advisor for one of the leading audit companies in the Baltic region, KPMG Baltics.
In terms of the latest large-scale projects, Tõnu advised AS TMB, one of the biggest manufacturers of prefabricated reinforced concrete elements in the Baltics, on tax aspects upon the acquisition of the Finnish Betonimestarit Group. He also advised the sale of the Nordic Cinema Group and provided counsel to Baltic Horizon Fund upon the acquisition of the Pirita Centre.
Tõnu has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2015.
- Estonian, English, Russian
- Education & membership
- Master of Arts in Law (M.A.), University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2010)
- Bachelor of Arts in Law (B.A.), University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2008)
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association (since 2015)
- COBALT advised shareholders of TMB Group on selling its business to Consolis Group
- COBALT advised Port of Tallinn on its IPO and listing on Nasdaq Tallinn Stock Exchange
- COBALT advised AS Helmes on launching their option program
- COBALT advised Ambient Sound Investment on sale of Ecofleet Holding
- COBALT advised Yliopiston Apteekki OY on selling its pharmacy chain
- COBALT advised BaltCap on sale of Magnetic MRO
- COBALT advised Baltic Horizon Fund on acquiring Piirita shopping centre
- COBALT advised AS TMB, one of the largest manufacturers of concrete elements in the Baltics, on its acquisition of Betonimestarit-Group
- COBALT assisted Rakuten, Inc in the acquisition of 100% of the shares in Fits.me Holdings Limited
- COBALT advised Hanza Holding AB in the Estonian aspects of the acquisition of Metalliset Group