Finnish deskLue lisää suomeksi
Based on our long term experience in providing cross-border legal services in the Baltics, COBALT offers a specialized Finnish Desk targeted for inbound and outbound cross-border business relations between the Baltic States and Finland to facilitate trade and business relations over the Baltic Sea.
The main focus of the Finnish Desk is on inbound and outbound cross-border legal services between the Baltic States and Finland for:
- Finnish investors, entrepreneurs and companies with an interest on the Baltic States’ market;
- Baltic States’ investors, entrepreneurs and companies with an interest on the Finnish market.
Besides providing our clients access to the full range of COBALT’s high quality legal services in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Belarus in all key areas of business law and to our extensive global partner network, the Finnish Desk pools specialized know-how and experience of COBALT’s personnel to an efficient and an easily accessible form for persons involved in cross-border projects related to Finland.
COBALT’s Finnish Desk can act as your single point of contact and link over the Baltic Sea. We cooperate with Finland based selected long term strategic partners to fulfil your needs of Finnish-Baltics specific legal, language, geographical and cultural knowledge. This translates into tailored legal services which cut down initial adaptation time when operating simultaneously in more than one jurisdiction and the legal risks of operating under a foreign legislative framework.
We have established the Finnish Desk to help in creating an environment which allows for you to operate simultaneously in multiple jurisdictions with minimal legislative and cultural barriers.
COBALT has advised following projects:
- COBALT advised AS TMB, one of the largest manufacturers of concrete elements in the Baltics, on its acquisition of Betonimestarit-Group.
- COBALT represented AS Toode, an Estonian roof manufacturer, in an acquisition of a Finnish company, JanLa Oy.
- Entry into a contract for Alexela Varahaldus and founding a joint enterprise for the construction of the Hamina liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal in Finland.
- Acquisition of the Finnish company Kala OY by PRFoods (NASDAQ OMX).
- COBALT counselled Combimill upon acquisition of subsidiary of Finnish timber co-operative.
- COBALT counselled the sale of real estate website City24.
- Acquisition of Estonia's largest towing company PKL by Alfons Håkans, resulting in the creation of the biggest towing company in Finland and the Baltic countries.
- COBALT advised one of Europe’s leading suppliers of industrial coatings Teknos Group Oy on the acquisition of Kemiflora’s paints and coatings business.