We have extensive experience in the provision of a full range of legal services to well-known national and international insurance companies with business interests in the Baltic region. Our lawyers offer advice and assistance to insurance companies on issues related to requirements and regulations that apply to insurance activities, including the establishment of branches of insurance companies (subsidiaries and offices), and the acquisition of shares in insurance companies in the region.
Our attorneys have substantial experience in representing clients in claims management and judicial disputes with the clients of insurance companies (including intermediaries and policyholders). We also have skills and extensive experience in the handling of other services related to insurance disputes, including arbitration, mediation services and ADR.
COBALT provides the full range of services related to the regulatory and strategic aspects of insurance law, including consultations on the provision of insurance services through the establishment of branches or on a cross-border basis. Our team offers advice on a broad range of insurance matters, including:
- Regulatory and contractual aspects of insurance and reinsurance
- Regulatory and contractual aspects of insurance intermediary activities
- Settlement of insurance claim disputes
- Due diligence of insurance companies and related M&A advice
- Credit insurance and insurance obligations in relation to borrowing transactions
Senior Associate, Certified Tax Consultant