Marina Tolmatshova is a partner and co-chair of the Banking & Finance practice group at COBALT Estonia. During more than 15 years of experience Marina Tolmatshova has successfully advised some of the most significant financing and capital market transactions in the region (both Estonian and cross-border) and has earned an excellent reputation of being one of the top specialists in the field. During her career she has also been involved in many complex financial restructuring projects and advised on a large number of high-profile cross-border private and public M&A transactions. Marina is the regular adviser to the largest local and international credit and financial institutions and her expertise covers assisting with all types of financing arrangements, mergers and sale of loan portfolios, financial restructuring and all regulatory aspects of the activities of banks and financial institutions. Marina’s clientele also includes listed companies, local and international private equity houses and industrial investors whom she advises on the variety of capital markets, M&A, financing and regulatory issues. Marina is also known for her vast experience in aircraft financing field.
Marina’s recent experience includes advising a syndicate of Scandinavian banks with Nordea Bank Finland Plc as the arranger in a EUR 280,000,000 financing to AS Tallink Grupp for the refinancing of AS Tallink Grupp’s existing loans. She also acted as an adviser to EBRD and a syndicate of banks led by SEB in a major financing transaction relating to the EUR 450,000,000 financing provided to Viru Keemia Grupp, the leading Estonian oil shale mining consortium. Marina also advised a syndicate of banks including Nordea Bank AB, Estonia branch and Danske Bank A/S, Estonia branch in a major financing transaction with AS Graanul Invest, the largest wood pellet producer in Europe. Marina has acted in numerous transactions as an adviser to the world’s leading managers of commercial aircraft in relation to aircraft sale and leasing transactions.
Marina has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2003.
- Corporate/Commercal - Chambers Europe 2015
- Corporate/Commercial - Chambers Global 2015
- Banking, Finance and Capital Markets - Legal 500 EMEA 2015
- Banking & Finance - Chambers & Partners 2016
- Corporate and M&A - Chambers & Partners 2016
- Banking & Finance - Leading Lawyer, IFLR1000 2016
- Corporate and M&A - Leading Lawyer, IFLR1000 2016
- Banking & Finance - Leading Individial, Legal500 2016
- Banking & Finance - Chambers Europe 2016
- Banking & Finance - Chambers Europe 2017
- Banking, Finance and Capital Markets – Leading Individual, Legal500 2017
- Financial and Corporate - Market Leader, IFLR1000 2018
- Estonian, Russian, English
- Izglītība un dalība organizācijās
- Cross-Border Transactions Program, Lex Mundi Institute, Monterey, USA (2011)
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2001)
- Capital Markets Practice Group, FinanceEstonia (2015)
- Bank Finance and Regulation Practice Group, Lex Mundi (2011)
- Young Professionals Committee, American Chamber of Commerce in Estonia (2003)
- Estonian Bar Association (since 2003)