Mart Blöndal is an Associate at COBALT. He is an expert in the fields of competition law and European Union law.
Mart advises clients primarily on all aspects of competition law, including merger control, abuse of dominance issues and cartels. Amongst others, Mart successfully advised DNB in getting merger clearance from the European Commission for the creation of the new bank Luminor, the largest ever transaction in the Baltic banking markets.
Mart holds a BA degree from the University of Tartu, Estonia, and an LL.M degree in European business law from Lund University, Sweden. He was a member of the Lund University Moot Court team and successfully represented Lund University in the Swedish Competition Authority essay competition in 2016. In addition to COBALT, Mart is working as a senior editor for Caselex and is responsible for the merger decisions of the Estonian Competition Authority. Lastly, Mart is a guest lecturer for the mergers and acquisitions course in Lund University, Sweden.
- Estonian, English, German
- Izglītība un dalība organizācijās
- Master of Laws (LL.M) degree in European business law, Lund University, Sweden (2016)
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences (BA), law, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2014)
- Estonian Bar Association (since 2017)