Elijus Burgis is a Partner and Head of the firm’s Corporate Transactions Department. He has more than 15 years of experience in advising on different M&A, privatisation, banking, project finance and competition law matters. International law directories have ranked him among the leading Lithuanian experts in M&A, Banking and Competition law. Elijus Burgis holds a Law degree from Vilnius University, Lithuania and a Master of European Law degree from Stockholm University, Sweden.
During the years of his practice Mr Burgis has been an adviser in a number of the largest M&A transactions and financing projects in Lithuania and has also advised clients on various matters related to corporate, banking and finance, securities and competition law.
- Head of the corporate transactions department,Elijus Burgis is described as "very fast, creative, dedicated and a strong negotiator." His scope of expertise also extends to M&A and competition. He attracts particular acclaim for transactional mandates. (Chambers Europe 2016, Banking and finance)
- Market commentators note Elijus Burgis for his visibility on high-end competition cases. Clients describe him as "very fast, creative, dedicated and a strong negotiator." His expertise includes merger clearance, cartels and abuse of dominance cases. (Chambers Europe 2016, Competition/Antitrust)
- Heading the corporate team, Elijus Burgis has extensive experience in transactional matters and is also a leading banking lawyer. He led the team advising state-owned EPSO-G on its acquisition of shares in Lietuvos dujos, Amber Grid and LESTO by EPSO-G and Lietuvos Energija. (Chambers Europe 2016, Corporate/Commercial)
- "Versatile Elijus Burgis divides his time among financing, M&A and competition matters." (Chambers Europe 2015, Banking and finance)
- "Elijus Burgis has significant experience in competition law and is also a highly recognised financing and corporate law expert." (Chambers Europe 2015, Competition/Antitrust)
- "Observers call him [Elijus Burgis] “charismatic” and “exceptionally professional"." (Chambers Europe 2012, Banking and finance)
- Lithuanian, English, Russian
- Образование и членство
- Faculty of Law, Stockholm University, Sweden (Master of European Law) (2001)
- Faculty of Law, Vilnius University, Lithuania (Law degree) (1999)
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA) (since 2009)
- Member of the Lithuanian Bar Association (since 2002)
- Since 2002 Member of the European Young Bar Association, President (2005-2006)
- Since 2000 Member of the Lithuanian Young Bar Association, President (2004-2009)