This will be the event where COBALT lawyers and representatives from a few IT, FinTech companies will share their experiences and insights about doing IT business and venture market in Belarus and across a border between Lithuania and Belarus.
They will talk about BY High Tech Park incentives, legal framework, success stories, cross-border tax, IP, employment and corporate issues. Business climate, trends, regulatory aspects, stakeholders, major players, recent developments in BY IT and venture industries and startups ecosystem will be discussed during the event. All these questions will be answered: What is Belarus High Tech Park? Why set up the company there? Regime and opportunities overview, tax and regulatory incentives. Our speakers will talk about other cross-border business models: out-staffing, outsourcing, labor migration.
Moderator: Darya Zhuk, Managing Partner of COBALT Belarus
10:00 – 10:30 Registration & Coffee
10:30 – 10:40 Welcome & Keynote Address
10:40 – 11:10 The next Israel: Belarus IT, venture and startup industries and ecosystem at glance
Valery Ostrinsky, Board Member Angels Band Belarus
Darya Zhuk, Managing Partner of COBALT Belarus
11:10 – 11:40 Destination High Tech Park: survival guide
Volha Khaladtsova, Associate at COBALT Belarus
11:40 – 12:00 Coffee break
12:00 – 12:45 Why and how to do IT business in Belarus? Cross-border business models and strategies
Pavel Sokolovas, CEO & founder at kevin.
Elena Krukovskaya, Director of Operations, Exadel
Ivan Kovalenko, Founder at HiEndSystems
12:45 – 13:00 Q&A Session, Closing Remarks, Coffee & Networking
- Darya Zhuk is the Managing Partner of COBALT Belarus, with over 15 years of comprehensive experience in Transaction advisory, Investment activity & Privatization. During her career Ms Zhuk has handled numerous notable cross-border and domestic projects. She has advised a broad range of international and local clients from such industries as IT, banking & finance, wood-processing, agriculture, alternative energy, automobile, public-private partnership, pharma.
- Pavel Sokolovas is a Fintech entrepreneur, founder of kevin., fintech company that focusing on solutions based on PSD2 and building infrastructure for financial services. More than 10 years of experience working in CIS countries. CEO of Belarusian kevin. branch, resident of Belarus High Tech Park.
- Volha Khaladtsova is an Associate at COBALT Belarus. Volha specializes in project finance, taxation, and cross-border tax planning, IT/IP matters. Volha advises Belarusian and foreign companies on national and international taxation, business structuring and tax optimization, corporate finance, IP related matters.
- Valery Ostrinsky is a serial entrepreneur with more than 20 years of business experience working in CIS and EU countries. Board Member of Angels Band – Belarus Business Angel Network. Founder of Telvel Group. Co-founder of the Unicorn Hill. Investment interests in: Internet of Things, Machine Learning, MVPR, Big Data, Health, Education.
- Elena Krukovskaya is a Director of Operations at Exadel – global Agile Software Development, Innovation, and Digital Solutions company. Elena is leading Operations and Human Resources for over 900 employees in more than 5 countries, driving culture, growing capabilities, providing integrated management and leadership development.
Ivan Kovalenko, Founder of HES. Ivan has over 10 years of experience leading and coordinating fintech projects in companies with significant operating scale and complexity. Ivan holds an MSc degree in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science from BSU, an MSc in Computer Engineering from Universität Mannheim, and an MBA in Business Administration from SBMT.
Please register for participation by filling in the registration form by 21st November 2019 (Thurday), 18:00.
Participation in the event is free, but seats are limited.
Conference language – English.
Please be advised that the personal data provided in this form will be processed as set out in this Notice. You should familiarise yourself with it before submitting your data.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +370 5 25 00800.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the conference!