Marit is an associate at COBALT. She specialises in competition law, in particular to legal issues arising from anti-competitive agreements, abuse of dominant position and merger control. Marit’s competence has contributed to the successful concentration of the business activities of DNB and Nordea banks.
Marit also advises clients in the pharmaceutical industry.
Prior to joining the COBALT team, Marit completed several internships in various law firms, as well as in private and public sector. She holds an MA degree from the University of Tartu and has also studied abroad at Tilburg University in the Netherlands.
Marit has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2018
- Estonian, English
- Education & membership
- Master of Arts in Law (MA), University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2017)
- Exchange student, Tilburg University, the Netherlands (2015/2016)
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences (BA), Law, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2014)
- COBALT advised STADA Arzneimittel on the acquisition of Walmark
- COBALT advised Silberauto on selling its business in Estonia and Lithuania
- COBALT advised funds advised by Apax Partners on acquiring the Baltic Classifieds Group
- COBALT advised shareholders of TMB Group on selling a major part of its business to Consolis
- COBALT advised European Diversified Infrastructure Fund II on investment in Utilitas, leading private Estonian energy group
- COBALT advises MyInvest Estonia OÜ on selling Bauhof Group AS
- COBALT advised Port of Tallinn on its IPO and listing on Nasdaq Tallinn Stock Exchange
- COBALT advised BaltCap on sale of Magnetic MRO
- COBALT advised DNB on the creation of Luminor – largest ever transaction in the Baltic banking market