Monika Koolmeister is a Senior Associate of COBALT Estonia having a 10 year track record as a Banking & Finance attorney. Monika also has a valuable experience from a leading commercial bank in Estonia, operating as Head of Compliance and member of the Extended Management Board of AS SEB Pank. In this capacity, Monika has assumed responsibility for the compliance of the internal rules and processes of the bank with the applicable laws and regulations. In particular, compliance with the AML regulations has been her direct responsibility. Monika has also been in charge of keeping good working relationships with the financial regulators – as Head of Compliance she has served as a contact person to the European Central Bank, the Estonian Financial Supervision Authority as well as the Financial Intelligence Unit.
She has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2004.
- Estonian, English, German, Russian
- Education & membership
- Master of Laws (LL.M), with merit, London School of Economics & Political Science, United Kingdom (2008-2009)
- Master of Laws (LL.M), magna cum laude, University of Freiburg (Albert-Ludwigs Universität Freiburg), Germany (2004-2005)
- Bachelor of Arts in Law / officially equivalent to MA, University of Tartu (Tartu Ülikool), Faculty of Law, Estonia (1999-2003)
- Exchange student, University of Latvia (Latvijas Universtitate), Latvia (2002)
- Distance course Legislative Drafting for Democratic Social Change, University of Boston (2001-2002)
- Summer university, University of Bremen (Universität Bremen), Germany (2000)
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association (since 2004)