Toms supports the Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice group as well as EU & Competition and M&A practice groups.
He has an extensive knowledge of International and European Law, particularly Private International Law and International Commercial and Investment Arbitration.
Toms holds a Ph.D. degree from the University of Copenhagen. His research focused on the dichotomy between arbitration and human rights, in particular the interplay between setting-aside proceedings and parties’ procedural human rights under the European Convention on Human Rights.
- Latvian, English
- Education & membership
- Ph.D. University of Copenhagen (2019)
- International Academy for Arbitration Law (scholarship recipient), Paris, France (2017)
- The Hague Academy of International Law: Private International Law Summer Course (2015)
- LL.M ( cum laude ) in International and Comparative Private Law, University of Groningen, Faculty of Law, Groningen, the Netherlands (2014)
- LL.B in European and International Law, Maastricht University, European Law School, Faculty of Law, Maastricht, the Netherlands (2013)