Gatis Flinters heads the Corporate & Commercial Law practice group at COBALT Latvia, advises on M&A transactions and is recognized for his particular expertise in energy and insolvency law. He brings over 15 years of field experience and has a proven record of success in large-scale investment and reconstruction projects while advising local and also foreign companies.
Gatis is an active member of the Professional Association for European Restructuring and Insolvency Practitioners (INSOL Europe) and the honorary advisor to the British Ambassador in Latvia on legal issues.
- Corporate/Commercial - Band 4, Chambers Global 2019
- Corporate/Commercial - Band 4, Chambers Europe 2019
- M&A - Rising star, IFLR 1000 2019
- Latvian, English, Russian, German
- Išsilavinimas ir narystė organizacijose
- Master’s degree in international law, University of Exeter, United Kingdom (2007)
- Lawyer’s qualification, University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia (2005)
- Latvian Bar Association (since 2005)
- INSOL Europe
- Nordic-Baltic insolvency network