Maarja Tambet is a Junior Associate at COBALT Estonia. She is specialised in the field of banking and finance. Maarja is involved in preparing finance and capital markets transactions by drafting transactional documents and legal opinions, as well as analysing regulatory aspects of listed companies, banks, and financial institutions.
Before joining COBALT, Maarja obtained professional experience with other law firms and in the court system, including at the Supreme Court of Estonia. She also provided pro bono legal aid at the University of Tartu Students’ Legal Clinic. She represented Estonia in the Telders International Law Moot Court Competition, where she was acknowledged as a high-ranking orator. The following academic year, she contributed by coaching the team representing Estonia. In addition, Maarja and her team won the XXIV Estonian Moot Court Competition.
- Estonian, English, German
Membership & education
- Estonian Bar Association (2022)
- Estonian Law Students’ Association (EÕÜL)
- Master of Arts in Social Sciences (MA), law, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2021)
- Exchange student, University of Vienna, Faculty of Law, Austria (2020)
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences (BA), law, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2019)