Jaanus Mody is the Managing Partner of COBALT Estonia and he heads the litigation, bankruptcy and reorganization team since 2001. A widely recognized insolvency expert with a legal practice of over 20 years, Jaanus has advised the market’s most successful restructuring and recovery plans, such as the acquisition of the bankrupt Werol Tehased and restructuring of logistics company Nordnet, both being among the very few successful restructuring cases in Estonia. Additionally, Jaanus advised Nordea and DNB banks on complex issues concerning the insolvent dairy producer Tere. The case involved complex parallel proceedings (restructuring, bankruptcy, various civil, administrative and criminal proceedings). The legal work made it possible for the banks to transfer all their claims to Tere’s main competitor Maag Grupp.
Jaanus has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 1995.
- Dispute Resolution – Chambers & Partners 2016
- Dispute Resolution – Leading Individial, Legal 500 2016
- Dispute Resolution – Leading Individual, Legal 500 2017
- Dispute Resolution – Ranked Lawyer, Chambers & Partners 2019
- Dispute resolution – Leading Individual, Legal 500 2019
- Estonian, English, Russian
- Izglītība un dalība organizācijās
- Master of Arts in Law (M.A.), University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (1994)
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association (since 1995)