Managing Partner Jaanus Mody heads the Dispute Resolution and Insolvency practice areas at COBALT Estonia.
With his long-term experience, Jaanus contributes to resolving complex business disputes, helping to develop a strategy and offering clients forward-looking and out-of-dispute comprehensive solutions. His practice has often been the basis for the development of legislation and has helped to set many precedents for the interpretation of laws.
Jaanus is one of the most recognized insolvency experts in Estonia. He has successfully advised companies on the entire reorganization process and accompanying strategic changes. Jaanus has extensive experience in representing creditors in resolving complex problems related to companies in difficulty. Thus, for example, Jaanus represented Nordea and DNB banks in the reorganization proceedings of the dairy company TERE, during which the banks sold their claims to TERE’s competitor Maag Grupp. In addition to advising on insolvency matters, the case involved advising on complex civil, administrative and criminal proceedings in parallel.
- Legal 500, Dispute Resolution, Hall of Fame – 2020 / 2021 / 2022 / 2023
- Chambers & Partners, Dispute Resolution, Ranked Lawyer – 2019 / 2021 / 2022
- Legal 500, Dispute Resolution, Leading Individual – 2019
- Estonian, English, Russian
Dalība organizācijās un izglītība
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association (since 1995)
- Master of Arts in Law (M.A.), University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (1994)