Martin Simovart is a Partner and the Head of Global Relations at COBALT. Martin has more than 20 years of experience in the fields of mergers, acquisitions and private equity transactions, ranging from large-scale privatisation transactions to complex private equity transactions that encompass leveraged financing and cross-border regulatory issues, as well as acting on behalf of institutional investors. Being an internationally recognised adviser, he has participated in most of the major M&A transactions in Estonia and the Baltics.
Martin is the Head of the Pan-Baltic COBALT M&A practice group.
Sample overview of projects: RSA-PZU, Naspers-Eesti Meedia, Premia-Food Union, Circle K-Premium 7 and TMB-Betonimestarit.
Martin is a member of the International Bar Association (IBA).
Martin has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 1999.
- Legal 500, Commercial, Corporate, and M&A, Hall of Fame – 2021 / 2022 / 2023
- IFLR 1000, Private Equity, M&A, Expert Consultant – 2020 / 2021 / 2022
- Chambers & Partners, Corporate/Commercial, Eminent Practitioner – 2019 / 2022
- Legal 500, Commercial, Corporate, and M&A, Leading Individual – 2019
- Estonian, English, Russian
Dalība organizācijās un izglītība
- European Regional Council, World Services Group (2011)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Estonian Bar Association (1999)
- Queen Mary & Westfield College, London University, Diploma in International Arbitration and Project Finance (1994)
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree, University of Tartu, Estonia (1994)