Kristel Raidla-Talur is a Partner and Co-Chair of the Banking & Finance practice group at COBALT Estonia. She advises clients mainly on venture capital and other financing transactions as well as fund formation matters. Kristel also has extensive experience in financial regulatory matters, including in relation with operating licences of banks, payment institutions, credit providers, fund managers and other financial institutions as well as requirements applicable to their activities. Her area of expertise also includes ESG related matters.
Kristel is continuously advising Karma Ventures, Rubylight and other investment funds on their investments in Europe, USA and elsewhere. Kristel has also led the pan-Baltic team of COBALT in several major assignments involving Luminor Bank by acting for DNB Bank in the process of combining the Baltic operations of DNB Bank and Nordea Bank for the purpose of creation of Luminor, continuing supporting Luminor in the cross-border merger of its Baltic banking entities and advising DNB, Nordea and Luminor in the sale of Luminor’s majority stake to Blackstone.
Kristel is a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2004. She serves as a member of the Legal Committee of the Estonian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (EstVCA). Kristel is also a member of the Management Board of COBALT Estonia.
- The Legal 500, Fintech, Hall of Fame – 2023
- The Legal 500, Banking, Finance, and Capital Markets, Leading Individual – 2020 / 2021 / 2022 / 2023
- IFLR 1000, Capital Markets, Banking, M&A, Highly Regarded – 2020 / 2021 / 2022
- Chambers Europe, Corporate/Commercial, Ranked Lawyer – 2019 / 2022
- Chambers Europe, Banking & Finance, Ranked Lawyer – 2019 / 2022
- Estonian, English
Membership & education
- Member of the board of the Estonian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (2017-2019)
- Master of Arts in Law (LL.M), University of Cambridge, England (2006)
- Estonian Bar Association (2004)
- Master of Arts in Law (M.A.), University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia, cum laude (2003)