Aurelija Balčiūnė is a Senior Associate at COBALT, focusing her practice in the areas of banking and finance. She also specialises in the fields of Corporate Advisory, M&A, Aviation Law and Trademark Law. Aurelija holds a Master’s degree in Commercial Law from Vilnius University, Lithuania, and is seeking to obtain a PhD in Contract Law.
During her legal practice, Aurelija Balčiūnė has represented clients in a large number of corporate transactions and advised a wide range of local and multinational companies on various capital and financial markets issues. She has counselled international banks and companies on loan portfolio acquisitions, financing and refinancing transactions and issuing of securities. Furthermore, she has assisted banks, credit unions, e-money and payment institutions and other financial market participants with regulatory issues, including obtaining various licences and permits, issues related to anti-money laundering and other related matters.
- Lithuanian, English
- Education & membership
- PhD studies at the Faculty of Law, Vilnius University (2012-to date)
- Faculty of Law, Vilnius University, Master’s degree in Law (2012)
- Lifelong Learning Programme, Erasmus Intensive Programmes, NICLAS - New International Constitutional Law & Administrative Studies Summer School on Minorities, Universität Wien (coordinating institution) (2012)
- COBALT advised Luminor on EUR 1 billion majority stake acquisition by Blackstone
- COBALT advised SEB and Swedbank in extending a EUR 185 million financing to EUROAPOTHECA group
- COBALT advised Luminor on obtaining ECB approval for cross-border merger in the Baltics
- COBALT advises Luminor on reorganising its management structure
- COBALT advises managers of the Baltic entities of pharmaceutical wholesale company Oriola in management buy-out
- COBALT advised DNB on the creation of Luminor – largest ever transaction in the Baltic banking market
- COBALT advised Practica Capital on its investment in Rubedo sistemos
- COBALT advised Falck on its acquisition of Altas Assistance