Marten Amjärv, a senior associate of the COBALT Estonian Banking & Finance practice group, has more than 10 years of experience in the legal field from both the private and public sectors.
With extensive knowledge in the areas of banking and finance, mergers and acquisitions, and company and contractual law, Marten has previously assisted in local and international venture capital transactions of all types and at every stage, other financing transactions, as well as mergers and acquisitions, several of which have been long-term and complex involving teams from different jurisdictions.
He has also participated at the Ministry of Justice in developing and processing amendments to legislation on company law (the Auditors Activities Act, the Accounting Act, the Commercial Code).
Prior to joining COBALT, Marten worked for an international law firm.
- Estonian, English, Russian, Finnish, French
Membership & education
- Estonian Academic Law Society (2010)
- Estonian Moot Court Society (2010)
- Master of Arts in Social Sciences (MA), law, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (currently pursuing)
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences (BA), law, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2010)