Jesse Kivisaari is a Specialist Counsel of COBALT Estonia and the co-head of the Finnish Desk of the law firm. Jesse is experienced in M&A and private equity transactions and also advises companies in corporate law matters. He is focused on cross-border business activities, especially on projects related to Finland as his native language is Finnish. Jesse’s knowledge of cross-border legal aspects and multiple cultures enable him to provide services for Finnish companies with respect to the Baltics and vice versa.
For example, Jesse advised AS TMB, one of the biggest manufacturers of reinforced concrete elements in the Baltics, upon the acquisition of the Betonimestarit Group in Finland.
Jesse has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2015 and a member of the Finnish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce since 2011.
- Estonian, Finnish, English
- Education & membership
- 2018 EEA exams (equal to Bachelor of Laws degree), University of Helsinki and Turku, Faculty of Law, Finland
- 2015 Master of Arts in Law (MA), University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia
- 2013 Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences (BA), law, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia
- Member of the Finnish-Estonian Trade Association (since 2017)
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association (since 2015)
- Member of the Finnish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce (since 2011)
- COBALT advised Scope on acquiring lingerie brand Miss Mary of Sweden
- COBALT advised European Diversified Infrastructure Fund II on investment in Utilitas, leading private Estonian energy group
- COBALT advised the sale and purchase transaction of Merit Tarkvara to Oslo-based Visma
- COBALT advised subsidiary of Alexela Group in acquisition of a Finnish company Helon Kuumasinkitys
- COBALT advised shareholders of TMB Group on selling its business to Consolis Group
- COBALT advised BPM Capital on financing the acquisition of Corle
- COBALT advised Karma Ventures on its investment in Minut, Inc
- COBALT advised BPM Capital on financing the investment of Tahe Outdoors
- COBALT advised Korona Invest Fund in an investment to the digital agency Wunder
- COBALT advised venture capital funds Creathor Venture and MTIP (MedTech Innovation Partners) in financing the Finnish startup Blueprint Genetics.
- COBALT advises DAVA Agravis Machinery Holding on acquisition of 45% of shares in Konekesko Ltd
- COBALT advised AS TMB, one of the largest manufacturers of concrete elements in the Baltics, on its acquisition of Betonimestarit-Group
- COBALT advised Hanza Holding AB in the Estonian aspects of the acquisition of Metalliset Group
- COBALT advises RSA Insurance Group on the sale of businesses
- COBALT represented AS Toode, an Estonian roof manufacturer, in an acquisition of a Finnish company, JanLa Oy