Peeter Kutman, a Partner at COBALT, heads the mergers and acquisitions team. Peeter has more than 20 years’ experience representing clients in M&A transactions and private equity/venture capital investments. In addition to counselling in commercial law matters, Peeter has extensive experience in shareholder agreements, as well as in transactions in the field of information technology and in drafting specific service contracts.
Transactions advised by Peeter include Dalkia International on the sale of AS Tallinna Küte and AS Tallinna Elektrijaam to Utilitas; acquisition by SportsDirect.com of a majority shareholding in Sportland International Group; Alma Media Corporation, a Helsinki NASDAQ OMX-listed company, on the sale of BNS and real estate portal City24; and Alexela Group on acquisition of Kiviõli Keemiatööstuse OÜ.
Peeter’s latest experience also includes advising DNB Bank on combining its business activities with Nordea Bank in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania; advising Baltcap on acquisition of OpusCapita (Fitek) companies in the Baltics; and advising BPM Mezzanine Fund on financing Eskaro AS.
Peeter has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 1996 and a member of the Commercial Law Committee of the Bar Association since 2013.
- Corporate and M&A - Chambers & Partners 2016
- Corporate and M&A - Leading Lawyer, IFLR1000 2016
- Corporate and M&A - Leading Individual, Legal500 2016
- M&A - Leading Individual, Legal500 2017
- Financial and Corporate - Highly Regarded, IFLR1000 2018
- Estonian, English, Russian
- Išsilavinimas ir narystė organizacijose
- 1995 MA, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia
- 1995 Queen Mary & Westfield College of London University, UKCELS Programme, England
- Since 2013 Member of the Business Law Commitee of the Estonian Bar Association
- 2004 Ethics and Methodology Board of the Estonian Bar Association
- Since 1996 Member of the Estonian Bar Association
- COBALT konsultavo MTG parduodant verslą Baltijos šalyse
- COBALT konsultavo DNB kuriant „Luminor“ – didžiausiame visų laikų sandoryje Baltijos bankų rinkoje
- COBALT atstovauja DNB bankui jungiantis su „Nordea“ Baltijos šalyse
- COBALT konsultavo „BaltCap“ įsigyjant Suomijos bendrovę „OpusCapita“ Baltijos šalyse