COBALT advised INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund on investing in MBL Group

2020 - 09 - 10

COBALT advised INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund, the largest private equity investment fund in the Baltic region, on investing in MBL Group, a leading European manufacturer of medical mobility devices, headquartered in Denmark. The Fund has indirectly acquired 48% of MBL while the remaining 52% will continue to be owned by the Lauritsen family.

MBL specialises in the production of wheelchairs, rollators, aged care beds, and other rehabilitation equipment. Its head office is in Denmark, with manufacturing facilities located in Poland and China. MBL had sales of €66 million in 2019. MBL is primarily a contract manufacturer and includes leading global medical.

COBALT coordinated the legal due diligence processes, represented the client in negotiations, preparation of transaction documents, and advised on all issues related to the deal. COBALT team consisted of Partner and Head of Corporate Transactions Department Elijus Burgis and Senior Associate Deimantė Pagirienė.

Leading experts

Specialist Counsel