Relevant information regarding the Ukrainian citizens
2022 - 03 - 09
Information for Ukrainian citizens, their family members and stateless persons residing in Ukraine, who have left Ukraine because of military activities of the Russian Federation and are now arriving to the Republic of Lithuania.
- Transportation services are offered for Ukrainian citizens, their family members and stateless persons residing in Ukraine, who have arrived in Poland and wish to come to Lithuania, but have no possibilities arrive on their own. Requirements to get transportation services.
- Fill in the form here, or;
- Call 370 677 22222.
- Ukrainian citizens who have arrived in Lithuania (who do not have a place for residence) should register at the registration centres (open 24 hours a day):
- Pramonės g. 1B, Alytus;
- Parko g. 9, Marijampolė;
- Minties g. 3, Vilnius.
- Foreigners arriving in person are registered. Once a foreigner has been registered, he/she will be able to apply for a temporary residence permit or a national visa for humanitarian reasons.
- After registration, foreigners who do not have a place of residence will be taken to temporary accommodation (in municipalities or with private individuals).
- It is not necessary to go to the registration centre for the foreigners who have a place to stay after coming to Lithuania. They can come to any branch of the Migration Department during working hours for legalization of arriving, food rations, basic medical care and other relevant information. For more information, please visit this site.
- Other humanitarian services are provided by the Lithuanian volunteers by phone: 370 677 22222, or by visiting this site.
Legalization of arrival
- If the foreigners come without a valid travel document (passport) they will be issued a foreigner’s registration certificate (until the issue of temporary residence permit or national visa).
- Ukrainian citizens with biometric passports are subject to a visa-free regime (stay in Lithuania and in the Schengen area for 90 days within 180 days).
Please note – if a temporary residence permit or national visa is not issued after the end of visa-free regime (or validity of national visa and temporary residence permit), no return or expulsion decisions will be taken in respect of Ukrainian nationals and their family members.
- The following shall be issued for citizens of Ukraine and their family members:
- temporary residence permit in Lithuania;
- national visa.
For more information, please visit this site.
Requirements for COVID-19 and other health services
- Ukrainian citizens who are arriving to Lithuania are exempted from the requirements of vaccination certificate, recovery of COVID-19 or negative test.
- There is no requirement of isolation for the foreigners who have arrived in Lithuania.
- Ukrainian citizens can register for vaccination against Covid-19 (tel. 1808; if you call from a non-Lithuanian number – 370 66 01 1808)
- Ukrainian citizens who have arrived in Lithuania will be provided by free health care / treatment services. For health services, foreigners should contact the medical establishment of the municipality where they are registered.
- Ukrainian citizens who have arrived to Lithuania will be provided by free emotional support and psychological help in Russian (contact here).
Please note – foreigners over the age of 6 in public places (shopping, leisure, entertainment venues, organizations, workplaces, public events and other) must wear face masks or respirators.
For more information, please visit this site.
Employment opportunities for Ukrainian citizens:
- Ukrainian citizens that are subject to a visa-free regime or holding a national visa are exempt from the obligation to obtain a work permit;
- Ukrainian citizens who have submitted an application for a temporary residence permit are exempt from the obligation to obtain the decision from the Employment Office whether the employee’s work meets the needs of the labour market of the Republic of Lithuania;
- Ukrainian citizens who have submitted an application for asylum in the Republic of Lithuania have the right to work from the day of registration of the application for asylum in the Lithuanian Migration Information System.
Work offers and other relevant information here. International House Vilnius employees advise on settling in Vilnius and finding a qualified job 7 days a week, from 8:00 to 22:00, by phone 370 526 40 200.
- Banks operating in Lithuania are ready to open accounts and provide basic banking services to Ukrainian citizens for free.
- Favourable opportunities for studying in Lithuania are provided. For more information, please visit this site.
- Favourable opportunities for education and development of minors are provided. For more information, please visit this site.