Monika Koolmeister is a Partner of COBALT Estonia having a 15-year track record as a Banking & Finance attorney. Monika also has valuable experience from a leading commercial bank in Estonia, operating as Head of Compliance and member of the Extended Management Board. Monika has also been in charge of keeping good working relationships with the financial regulators – as Head of Compliance she has served as a contact person to the European Central Bank and the Estonian Financial Supervision Authority.
She has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2004.
- The Legal 500, Banking, Finance, and Capital Markets/Fintech, Next Generation Partner – 2023
- Chambers Europe, Banking & Finance, Ranked Lawyer – 2022
- The Legal 500, Banking, Finance, and Capital Markets, Rising Star – 2020 / 2021 / 2022
- Estonian, English, German, Russian
Membership & education
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association (2004)
- Master of Laws (LL.M), with merit, London School of Economics & Political Science, United Kingdom (2008-2009)
- Master of Laws (LL.M), magna cum laude, University of Freiburg (Albert-Ludwigs Universität Freiburg), Germany (2004-2005)
- Bachelor of Arts in Law / officially equivalent to M.A., University of Tartu (Tartu Ülikool), Faculty of Law, Estonia (1999-2003)
- Exchange student, University of Latvia (Latvijas Universtitate), Latvia (2002)
- Distance course Legislative Drafting for Democratic Social Change, University of Boston (2001-2002)
- Summer university, University of Bremen (Universität Bremen), Germany (2000)