Ott Aava is a Managing Associate in COBALT specializing in mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
Ott has extensive experience in Estonian and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, advising private equity transactions and investors and companies in fundraising. In addition, Ott has focused on advising start-ups and technology companies. Ott has extensive experience in corporate law matters and shareholder relations.
Ott regularly advises on important purchase and sale transactions and investments in companies, including the sale of shares and assets, financial and strategic investments, and restructuring. Ott has led several long-term projects and complex international transactions involving teams from different jurisdictions. His work has led several projects to a successful closing
- The Legal 500, Commercial, Corporate, and M&A, Rising Star – 2020 / 2021 / 2022 / 2023
- The Legal 500, Commercial, Corporate, and M&A, Next Generation Lawyer – 2019
- IFLR1000, M&A, Notable Practitioner – 2019
- Estonian, English
Membership & education
- Estonian Bar Association (2011)
- Master of Arts in Law (M.A.), University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2011)
- Erasmus exchange student, University of Helsinki, Finland (2009)