Tõnu Kolts is a Managing Associate at COBALT Estonia, specializing in tax law, equity compensation plans, and company restructuring.
Internationally recognized as a tax expert, Tõnu possesses extensive experience advising both domestic and international clients. He has played a pivotal role in advising on several recent major transactions in Estonia from a tax perspective. Tõnu’s comprehensive background in tax law allows him to provide clients with tax-efficient solutions for company restructuring.
In addition to his tax expertise, Tõnu brings substantial knowledge and experience in equity compensation plans, offering clients tailored solutions that meet the diverse needs of businesses navigating the complex landscape of employee incentives. Whether you are looking to create a stock option plan or seeking to implement global equity compensation strategies, Tõnu is dedicated to delivering results that align with your unique business objectives.
Prior to joining the COBALT team, Tõnu worked as a tax advisor for one of the BIG4 audit firms in Estonia.
Tõnu has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2015 and has been actively contributing to the Estonian Bar Association’s Tax Law Committee since 2020.
- Legal 500, Tax, Rising Star – 2020 / 2021 / 2022 / 2023
- Estonian, English, Russian
Membership & education
- Estonian Bar Association’s Tax Law Committee (2020-2023)
- Estonian Bar Association (2015)
- Master of Arts in Law (M.A.) , University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2010)
- Bachelor of Arts in Law (B.A.), University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2008)