Ivo advises clients on competition law and employment law issues and represents them before the National Competition Authority, State Labour Inspectorate and the courts. Likewise, he advises clients on compliance issues and represents them during negotiations with the authorities and trade unions. Ivo has represented clients in various significant cases when the decisions of the Latvian Competition Council where challenged. Furthermore, he represents clients in cases dealing with discrimination of employees, dismissals and transfer of undertakings. Ivo is a regular speaker at conferences and his articles are frequently published in legal media.
His areas of specialization include specific industries (for example, supermarket chains and pharmacy).
Before joining COBALT Ivo worked with another law firm and served as the Deputy Head of the Legal Department of the Competition Council of the Republic of Latvia.
- Employment - Associate to watch, Chambers Europe 2020
- Competition/Antitrust - Associate to watch, Chambers Europe 2018
- Latvian, English, Russian
- Haridus ja liikmelisus
- EU Competition Law diploma, King’s College, London University, United Kingdom (2008)
- Master’s degree in Law, Turiba School of Business Administration, Riga, Latvia (2006)
- Lawyer’s qualification, Police Academy of Latvia, Riga, Latvia (2005)
- Latvian Bar Association (since 2010)