Senior Associate, Certified Mediator
Maija Tipaine is an expert in litigation, arbitration and medicine law matters. She has represented clients before national courts and arbitral tribunals in numerous civil cases involving corporate, contract, insurance, construction, bankruptcy, intellectual property and other matters, as well as in administrative disputes. Maija also serves as an arbitrator and is an ad hoc lecturer at Riga Graduate School of Law reading the course on Resolution of International Business Disputes.
- Latvian, English, Russian
- Education & membership
- LL.M. in International Commercial Arbitration Law, Stockholm University, Department of Law, Stockholm, Sweden (2006)
- LL.B., University of Latvia, Faculty of Law (2005)
- Latvian Bar Association (since 2007)
- Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in the EU Member States
- Immigration Law News – January, 2018
- Arbitration in Latvia: Was a Restart a Failure?
- The effect of arbitrator certification on the quality of arbitration process
- Recent case law developments in declaring arbitration agreement invalid
- Do Customers Get Equal Terms of Agreement When Buying Products in the Internet Shop?
- Ius Laboris. Restrictive Covenants Across Europe and Asia. Latvia Chapter
- Страховщики становятся строже (Insurers Become More Demanding)
- Ius Laboris. Employment Law Across Eastern Europe. Latvia Chapter
- Foreign experience when drafting laws on arbitration
- Legal Capacity, Impartiality and Independence - Enough to Become an Arbitrator
- Dispute Resolution Clauses in International Private Contracts
- Global Legal Group. The International Comparative Legal Guide to: International Arbitration 2007. Latvia chapter.
- COBALT advises B2KAPITAL in acquiring a non-performing loan portfolio from SIA Hiponia
- Legal assistance and representation of Mega Transport in legal dispute regarding recovery of damages caused by destroyed cargo
- COBALT advised Moller Baltic Import SE on transportation and storage of vehicles
- COBALT provides general legal assistance to Snap Inc.
Arbitration is also a key strength, with experience of acting as both counsel and arbitrator.