Product Liability and Consumer Protection
Trends related to more extensive consumer protection and increasingly active supervisory authorities mean that consumer protection and liability issues are an increasing priority. Vigilance in this area is essential to maintain the reputation of products and businesses and to counteract any unfair or aggressive tactics on the part of competitors. Virtually every manufacturer, distributor, or trader of consumer products and services will eventually encounter ambiguous or deficient legal regulations, consumer claims, or aggressive interpretations of legal provisions by the authorities. Professional and timely legal counsel is critical in such situations.
Our team offers a wealth of experience in advising and representing clients in various industries such as food, cosmetics, tobacco, lottery and gambling, health care, pharmaceutical, electronic communications, media, motor vehicle, and transportation sectors.
We are prepared to help our clients with any consumer law-related matters, including:
- Direct marketing
- Unfair commercial practices
- Consumer lotteries
- E-commerce and distance selling
- Customer and loyalty programs
- General terms and conditions for the sale of products or services, standardized client or consumer agreements
- Internal procedures and policies
- Launching of products and services on the market, including notifications and registrations
- Product liability claims and product recalls
- Product labeling and packaging
- Health, nutritional and related claims
- Handling consumer complaints