Tõnu Kolts is a Senior Associate at COBALT Estonia. His specialisation is tax law and he has long-term experience in advising both domestic and international clients. Tõnu is a recognised expert in cross-border taxation matters as well as matters pertaining to transfer prices. Likewise, he has broad knowledge on the implications of employee share options. In addition to tax law, Tõnu advises clients in corporate law matters, including restructuring and reorganising corporate and business structures. Due to his specialization in tax law, it allows Tõnu to provide tax-efficient solutions for restructuring companies.
Before joining the COBALT team, Tõnu worked as a tax advisor for one of the leading audit companies in the Baltic region, KPMG Baltics.
Tõnu has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2015.
- Estonian, English, Russian
- Education & membership
- Master of Arts in Law (M.A.), University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2010)
- Bachelor of Arts in Law (B.A.), University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2008)
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association (since 2015)
- COBALT advised shareholders of TMB Group on selling a major part of its business to Consolis
- COBALT advised the majority shareholders of Baltic Media Holding on selling their shares to Havas
- COBALT advised European Diversified Infrastructure Fund II on investment in Utilitas, leading private Estonian energy group
- COBALT advised subsidiary of Alexela Group in acquisition of a Finnish company Helon Kuumasinkitys
- COBALT advised shareholders of TMB Group on selling its business to Consolis Group
- COBALT advised Port of Tallinn on its IPO and listing on Nasdaq Tallinn Stock Exchange
- COBALT advised AS Helmes on launching their option program
- COBALT advised Ambient Sound Investment on sale of Ecofleet Holding
- COBALT advised Yliopiston Apteekki OY on selling its pharmacy chain
- COBALT advised BaltCap on sale of Magnetic MRO
- COBALT advised Baltic Horizon Fund on acquiring Piirita shopping centre
- COBALT advised AS TMB, one of the largest manufacturers of concrete elements in the Baltics, on its acquisition of Betonimestarit-Group
- COBALT assisted Rakuten, Inc in the acquisition of 100% of the shares in Fits.me Holdings Limited
- COBALT advised Hanza Holding AB in the Estonian aspects of the acquisition of Metalliset Group