Dr. Paulius Markovas
Dr Paulius Markovas is a Partner with more than 25 years of experience in the fields of Bankruptcy and Restructuring, distressed assets realisation, restructuring and management of impaired assets, litigation of civil and commercial cases and conflict management.
Since 2006, consults and advises clients developing renewable energy projects. Represents clients’ interests in disputes related to the development of renewable energy, in state and local government institutions, supervises regulatory and problematic aspects of project development.
Dr Markovas has a Doctor’s degree in Social Sciences (Law) from Vilnius University, Lithuania and a Master’s degree in Finance Law and Finance (LL.M. Finance) from Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, Germany. He has participated and advised on numerous cases in leading bankruptcy and restructuring matters in the market and regularly represents clients in all instances of courts. Paulius is a co-author of series of articles Cashless payments.
- Dispute Resolution – Band 4, Chambers Global 2022
- Restructuring and insolvency – Highly regarded, IFLR1000 2022
- Dispute Resolution – Band 4, Chambers Europe 2022
- Lithuanian, English, Russian
Liikmeskond ja haridus
- Since 2016 Member of INSOL Europe
- Since 2004 Member of the Lithuanian Bar
- Since 2021 Partner for Insolvency projects in Lithuania at International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
- Since 2021 Partner for Insolvency projects in Lithuania at World Bank
- 2005 Faculty of Law, Vilnius University, PhD
- 2003 Institute for Law and Finance, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University (Frankfurt, Germany), Master’s degree in Finance Law and Finance (LL.M. Finance)
- 1999 Faculty of Law, Vilnius University, Master’s degree in Law