Ivo advises clients on competition law and employment law issues and represents them before the National Competition Authority, State Labour Inspectorate and the courts. Likewise, he advises clients on compliance issues and represents them during negotiations with the authorities and trade unions. Ivo has represented clients in various significant cases when the decisions of the Latvian Competition Council where challenged. Furthermore, he represents clients in cases dealing with discrimination of employees, dismissals and transfer of undertakings. Ivo is a regular speaker at conferences and his articles are frequently published in legal media.
His areas of specialization include specific industries (for example, supermarket chains and pharmacy).
Before joining COBALT Ivo worked with another law firm and served as the Deputy Head of the Legal Department of the Competition Council of the Republic of Latvia.
- Employment – Star Associate, Chambers Europe 2023
- Competition/Antitrust – Associate to watch, Chambers Europe 2018
- Latvian, English, Russian
Membership & education
- Latvian Bar Association (since 2010)
- King’s College, University of London, UK, Diploma in EU Competition Law (2008)
- School of Business Administration “Turiba”, Faculty of Law, Latvia, Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree (2006)
- Police Academy of Latvia, Faculty of Law, Professional law degree (2005)