Jānis works in the firm’s litigation and dispute resolution, as well as competition law and intellectual property law practice groups. His areas of specialization are litigation, administrative proceedings in institutions, intellectual property rights disputes in courts, competition law infringement and damages disputes, as well as pharmaceutical and sports regulations.
Before joining COBALT, Jānis gained experience in other law firms in Latvia.
He is the recipient of the prestigious Fulbright scholarship to study law at the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University Carusso School of Law, USA, Malibu.
- Intellectual Property – Rising star, IP STARS 2023
- Latvian, English
Membership & education
- Latvian Bar Association (since 2017)
- Fulbright Association (since 2017)
- President, Latvian Moot Association (since 2018)
- LL.M. Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Malibu, USA (2018)
- Master of Law, University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia (2016)
- Bachelor of Law, University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia (2014)