Dr Dalia Foigt-Norvaišienė
Dr Dalia Foigt-Norvaišienė chairs the Employment Law Practice Group at COBALT Lithuania. She has an extensive over 24 years of experience in advising clients on Employment, Corporate Law issues and is a recognized expert on international and domestic arbitration. She provides both day-to-day counselling, as well as assists clients in more extensive projects and cross-border transactions. She has assisted numerous local and international clients upon choosing the best solution for establishing a business in Lithuania and upon setting up and operating these businesses including but not limited to employment matters. Dalia is frequently invited to share her experience and knowledge in international publications, conferences, seminars and trainings.
Before starting a private practice Dalia gained her PhD in the area of Environmental Law and continued her career as Senior Researcher and Associated Professor of Vilnius University. Dalia has also taken part in legislative work in Lithuania in the areas of Environmental Law and Litigation.
Dalia is active member of business community and maintains regular contacts with municipal and central government institutions while representing business community and seeking to improve business environment.
- Lithuanian, English, German, Russian, Polish
- Education & membership
- 1986 Doctor Juris, LL.D, USSR Academy of sciences, Institute of State and Law
- 1980 Master's degree in Law, LL.M, Vilnius University (Lithuania)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Lithuanian Bar Association (1996)
- Business Women Association, chairperson of the Board
- Lithuanian Lawyers’ Association, member of the Board
- Guide to employee share options in the Baltic states – August 2018
- Baltic Employment Law News – May 2018
- Baltic Employment Law News – November 2017
- Baltic Employment Law News - March 2017
- Lithuanian lawmakers override the presidential veto of the Labour Code
- Comparative Investment Guide to the Baltics - July 2016
"Dalia Foigt-Norvaišienė is a long-standing arbitration specialist who joined COBALT as part of the firm's merger with Borenius in October 2015."