Karina Paatsi is a Partner at COBALT and head of the fields of employment law and corporate law. Karina advises clients with regard to commencement of business activities as well as all legal matters related to the everyday business activities of companies, including the restructuring, merger and liquidation of companies, matters related to the liability of the members of management bodies and corporate governance. She has long-term experience in counselling clients in matters related to employment relationships, including the preparation of employment contracts and other documents pertaining to employment law, termination of employment relationships and labour disputes.
In addition to her work as an attorney, Karina regularly gives presentations in professional conferences, gives lectures in the Estonian Business School and contributes to writing articles on topical issues.
Karina has been ranked by Chambers Europe in band 1 as a leading employment lawyer in Estonia.
Karina has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2000 and she is also a member of the Employment Law Committee of the Bar Association since 2014.
- Employment - Chambers & Partners 2016
- Employment - Chambers Europe 2016
- Employment - Chambers Europe 2017
- Employment - Leading Individual, Legal500 2017
- Estonian, English, Russian
- Education & membership
- MA, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (1998)
- Member of the Employment law Commission of Estonian Bar Association (since 2014)
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association (since 2000)
- Guide to employee share options in the Baltic states – August 2018
- Baltic Employment Law News – May 2018
- Baltic Corporate Law News – February 2017
- Baltic Employment Law News – November 2017
- Baltic Corporate Law News – July 2017
- Baltic Employment Law News - March 2017
- Comparative Investment Guide to the Baltics - July 2016
- COBALT advised European Diversified Infrastructure Fund II on investment in Utilitas, leading private Estonian energy group
- COBALT advised the sale and purchase transaction of Merit Tarkvara to Oslo-based Visma
- COBALT advised Luminor on obtaining ECB approval for cross-border merger in the Baltics
- COBALT advised Port of Tallinn on its IPO and listing on Nasdaq Tallinn Stock Exchange
- COBALT advises Luminor on reorganising its management structure
- COBALT advised Alexela Energia on a transaction with Adven Eesti
- COBALT advised Ambient Sound Investment on sale of Ecofleet Holding
- COBALT advised DNB on the creation of Luminor – largest ever transaction in the Baltic banking market
- COBALT advises on buyout of majority investors in Estonian glulam manufacturer Barrus
- COBALT advises the sale of successful start-up Teleport
- COBALT advises Nordea and DNB banks on issues concerning insolvent dairy producer Tere
- COBALT advises DAVA Agravis Machinery Holding on acquisition of 45% of shares in Konekesko Ltd
- COBALT advised Bessemer Venture Partners on investment into Pipedrive
- COBALT advised Sports Direct International on purchase transaction
- COBALT advised Quattromed HTI Labs on purchase transaction
Karina Paatsi is recognised for her labour law expertise, advising on both contentious and non-contentious matters. According to clients, she is a very solution-oriented lawyer.