Aivar Taro is a Partner at COBALT and head of the fields of real estate, construction and energy. Aivar has long-term experience in large-scale real estate transactions with both domestic and international companies, including the acquisition and sale of commercial, industrial and other types of real estate as well as development projects. He also has extensive experience in advising real estate developments, which renders him able to offer valuable counsel to clients during the entire course of the development process, including the planning procedure, construction process, matters pertaining to lease, financing, and the completion of the project. Aivar has participated in advising numerous lease transactions, including sale and leaseback transactions, leasing build to suit lease objects and managing the lease portfolios of shopping centres. He additionally has impressive experience in the energy sector, including advising renewable energy projects, acquisition transactions of energy companies and projects for creating new generation capacity. Some of his works include advising the sale of the Baltic real estate portfolio of Geneba Properties N.V to Laurus S.a.r.l, development and sale of Mustamäe Centre to East Capital, acquisition of Solaris and Bauhof by Partners Group, and advising Nelja Energia, the leading renewable energy company in the Baltics, upon the acquisition, construction and operation of various wind farms.
Aivar has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2004.
- Energy - Chambers & Partners 2016
- Real Estate and Construction - Chambers & Partners 2016
- Real Estate and Construction - Leading Individial, Legal500 2016
- Energy - Chambers Europe 2016
- Real Estate - Chambers Europe 2016
- Energy - Chambers Europe 2017
- Real Estate - Chambers Europe 2017
- Real Estate and Construction - Leading Individual, Legal500 2017
- Estonian, English, German, Russian
- Išsilavinimas ir narystė organizacijose
- MA cum laude , Faculty of Law, University of Tartu, Estonia (2002)
- University of Konstanz, Erasmus exchange programme, Konstanz, Germany (2001-2002)
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association (since 2004)