Elo Tamm is a Partner and the Head of EU and Competition practice in COBALT Estonia, heading Healthcare practice and co-heading the Energy. She is one of the most recognised professionals in Estonia in her practice areas.
She has represented leading local and international companies in Estonian Competition Authority in cartel and abuse of dominant position proceedings. Elo regularly assists companies in getting their transactions cleared by the Estonian Competition Authority to enable the mergers to go ahead. In state aid, Elo advises client on how to get state aid, what are the conditions attached to state aid and whether state aid is lawful. Elo has successfully represented clients in Estonian and EU courts and administrative bodies.
EU law is very familiar to Elo. She also excels in Estonian and EU energy law, healthcare and waste regulations. Elo advises clients on climate change.
Elo contributes to the development of her specialisation areas by participating in the work of the Competition Law Committee of the Estonian Bar Association and acting as a Chairwoman of the Healthcare Committee of American Chamber of Commerce in Estonia. She is a regular speaker on the conferences and seminars.
- The Legal 500, EU and Competition, Hall of Fame – 2020 / 2022 / 2023
- IFLR 1000, Project Development, Highly Regarded – 2022
- Chambers Europe, Competition/Antitrust, Ranked Lawyer – 2019 / 2022
- The Legal 500, Competition, Hall of Fame – 2021
- Chambers Europe, Energy, Ranked Lawyer – 2019
- The Legal 500, EU and Competition, Leading Individual – 2019
- Estonian, English, Russian
Membership & education
- AmCham Estonia member of the Management Board (2022)
- AmCham Estonia Healthcare Committee chairwoman (2016)
- Competition Law Commission of the Estonian Bar Association (2015)
- Energy and Natural Resources Practice Group, Lex Mundi (2009)
- Antitrust, Competition and Trade Practice Group, Lex Mundi (2008)
- Postgraduate course in International Trade and Business Law, T.M.C. Asser Institute, the Netherlands (2001)
- Master of Laws (LL.M) degree in International Business Law, Central European University, Hungary (2001)
- Estonian Academic Law Society (1999)
- Estonian Bar Association (1999)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) degree (equal to master’s degree qualifications), University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (1999)