Karina Paatsi is a Partner at COBALT Estonia and head of the fields of employment law and corporate law. Karina advises clients with regard to commencement of business activities as well as all legal matters related to the everyday business activities of companies, including the restructuring, merger and liquidation of companies, matters related to the liability of the members of management bodies and corporate governance. She has long-term experience in counselling clients in matters related to employment relationships, including the preparation of employment contracts and other documents pertaining to employment law, termination of employment relationships and labour disputes.
In addition to her work as an attorney, Karina regularly gives presentations in professional conferences, gives lectures in the Estonian Business School and contributes to writing articles on topical issues.
Karina has been ranked by Chambers Europe in band 1 as a leading employment lawyer in Estonia.
Karina has been a member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2000 and she is also a member of the Employment Law Committee of the Bar Association since 2014.
- The Legal 500, Employment, Leading Individual – 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022 / 2023
- IFLR1000, Financial and Corporate, Expert Consultant – 2022
- IFLR 1000, Financial and Corporate, Notable Practitioner – 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022
- Chambers & Partners, Employment, Ranked Lawyer – 2019 / 2022
- Estonian, English, Russian
Membership & education
- Member of the Employment law Commission of Estonian Bar Association (2014)
- Estonian Bar Association (2000)
- Master of Arts in Law (M.A.), University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (1998)