Krišjānis Bušs is an expert in Banking and Finance, AML/CFT and international sanctions compliance matters. He is a member of the Supervision and Control Commission of the Latvian Bar Association and a contact person for Nasdaq First North Certified Adviser programme.
Krišjānis has extensive experience in advising both Latvian and international clients in large-scale cross-border financing, M&A (including cross-border bank merger) and capital markets transactions, such as the issuance and listing of bonds, share buy-backs, authorisation of financial institutions, drafting of AML/CFT internal control system documents, representing the clients before the national competent authorities, and applying AMLD, MiFID, PSD, AIFMD and other EU and Latvian regulatory frameworks.
Krišjānis has acquired legal education from top law schools in Latvia, the Netherlands and the United States. He has written a significant number of scholarly publications, including a commentary on the Constitution of the Republic of Latvia, and has taught law at Stockholm School of Economics in Riga. He is a recipient of the prestigious J. William Fulbright scholarship.
- Latvian, English
Membership & education
- Latvian Bar Association (since 2016)
- Fulbright Association (since 2014)
- LL.M., Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, USA (2015)
- LL.M., University of Latvia, Faculty of Law (2014)
- LL.B., University of Latvia, Faculty of Law (2012)
- Visiting scholar, Utrecht University School of Law, the Netherlands (2011)