Linda is an expert in Intellectual property and IT. She is a leading expert on media and privacy rights as well as on data protection issues.
She has accumulated extensive experience by representing clients in proceedings about invoking false information, defamation and compensation for non-material damage. She provides legal assistance to local and foreign clients on data protection issues.
Linda holds seminars and delivers speeches at conferences related to journalistic and mass media rights, especially protection of journalists’ information sources. Linda has also participated in international research by preparing reviews on the data protection situation in Latvia, e.g., Data Protection: Laws of the world and Data Protection & Privacy – Jurisdictional Comparisons, as well as representing Latvia in global summits on European data protection – Annual European Data Protection Intensive.
- IP, IT and telecoms – Rising star, Legal 500 2023
- Latvian, English, Russian
Membership & education
- Latvian Bar Association (since 2008)
- Head of Legal at the Legal Advice Centre of the Latvian Association of Journalists (since 2020)
- Member of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Member of the Ethics Committee of the Latvian Advertising Association
- Lecturer, Intellectual Property and Protection, Riga Technical University
- Dr.iur. in progress, University of Latvia, Faculty of Law, Riga, Latvia (since 2017)
- Master’s degree in Law, University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia (2008)
- Bachelor degree in Law, University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia (2006)