Siim Vahtrus, a Senior Associate at COBALT Estonia, is a leading expert on environmental law and spatial planning law in Estonia. With over 10 years of professional experience in advising domestic and international clients, Siim has advised and represented clients on environmental permits, spatial plans, building permits, and occupancy and use permits for large infrastructure and energy projects – such as high voltage transmission lines, railroad and road projects, and wind farms, mines and quarries, waste management facilities and other projects.
Siim has contributed to legislative initiatives as well, having authored several legal analyses on implementing the national Environmental Code for the Ministry of Environment as well as the initial draft of the Industrial Emissions Act. In addition, he is one of the authors of the annotated edition of the General Part of the Environmental Code Act.
Prior to joining COBALT, Siim worked in another international law firm.
- Estonian, English, German
Narystė organizacijose ir išsilavinimas
- Estonian Bar Association (2020)
- Master of Arts in Social Sciences, cum laude, law, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2011)
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences, law, University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, Estonia (2008)
- University of Konstanz, Exchange student (2009-2010)