Gatis Flinters heads the Corporate & Commercial Law practice group at COBALT Latvia, advises on M&A transactions and is recognized for his particular expertise in energy and insolvency law. He brings over 15 years of field experience and has a proven record of success in large-scale investment and reconstruction projects while advising local and also foreign companies.
Gatis is an active member of the Professional Association for European Restructuring and Insolvency Practitioners (INSOL Europe) and the honorary advisor to the British Ambassador in Latvia on legal issues.
- Corporate/Commercial – Band 4, Chambers Global and Europe 2023
- Commercial, Corporate and M&A – Leading individual, Legal 500 2023
- Shipping and Transport – Leading individual, Legal 500 2023
- M&A – Highly regarded, IFLR 1000 2022
- Latvian, English, Russian, German
Narystė organizacijose ir išsilavinimas
- Commercial Law Work Group (since 2021)
- Latvian Bar Association (since 2005)
- INSOL Europe
- Nordic-Baltic insolvency network
- Master’s degree in international law, University of Exeter, United Kingdom (2007)
- Lawyer’s qualification, University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia (2005)