Dace Silava–Tomsone is the Managing Partner of COBALT Latvia and one of the best known and widely recognized Real Estate and Construction, M&A and Competition experts in the country. During more than 20 years of practice she has advised many governmental institutions, local and international companies on major real estate and investment projects, transactions, as well as in intricate cartel, dominance and merger control cases.
Dace is regularly involved in work of professional organizations and legislative development acting as a member of working groups of various NGOs.
Dace is appointed a Vice-Chair of the Project Execution Subcommittee of the International Construction Projects Committee of the IBA for the period of 2022-2023.
- Real Estate – Band 1, Chambers Europe 2023
- EU and competition – Leading individual, The Legal 500 2023
- Real Estate – Leading individual, The Legal 500 2023
- Corporate/Commercial – Band 1, Chambers Global and Europe 2023
- Commercial, Corporate and M&A – The Legal 500 Hall of Fame 2023
- Real estate and construction – Market leader, IFLR 1000 2023
- Construction and materials – Market leader, IFLR 1000 2023
- Included in the prestigious IFLR 1000 Women Leaders Guide 2023
- Competition/Antitrust – Band 1, Chambers Europe 2022
- Latvian, English, Russian
Membership & education
- Vice-Chair, Project Execution Subcommittee, International Construction Projects Committee, IBA (2022-23)
- International Bar Association (since 2003)
- Latvian Bar Association (since 1994)
- Registered Industrial Design Agent with the Patent Office of the Republic of Latvia (since 1997)
- Executive Education – Professional Board Member, Baltic Institute of Corporate Governance (2012)
- LL.M., University of Latvia, Faculty of Law (1998)
- LL.M., College of William and Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law, Williamsburg, VA, USA (1996)
- LL.B., University of Latvia, Faculty of Law (1994)