Aurelija Balčiūnė is a Managing Associate at the Banking and Finance Practice Group. She has over 10 years of legal experience. Her main areas of expertise include compliance, anti-money laundering (AML), financial regulatory and structured-finance. Aurelija has extensive experience in AML matters and has counselled international and local banks, fintech and other companies on AML and compliance issues. Her professional interest also covers aviation and aircraft finance which originates from her previous work experience at an aviation group of companies and the Civil Aviation Administration.
Aurelija Balčiūnė is a legal counsel with a business-driven mindset. During her legal practice, Aurelija has counselled international and local banks and companies on various regulatory and compliance matters, participated in the most renown market deals and M&A transactions, acquisition of large-scale debt portfolios and structured financing transactions. She regularly upgrades her knowledge on AML matters by participating in international conferences and events and is a regular speaker and lecturer on the AML topic.
Her most significant deals include advising DNB on the creation of Luminor (the largest ever transaction in the Baltic banking market) and acting for Citibank on a EUR 930m senior and mezzanine financing to Technopolis Group (one of the largest financing transactions).
- Banking – Rising star, IFLR1000 2020
- Lithuanian, English, French, Spanish, Russian
Liikmeskond ja haridus
- PhD studies at the Faculty of Law, Vilnius University (2012 – 2018)
- 2016 visiting researcher scholarship at Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law, Hamburg
- 2012 Lifelong Learning Programme, Erasmus Intensive Programmes, NICLAS – New International Constitutional Law & Administrative Studies Summer School on Minorities, Universität Wien (coordinating institution)
- 2012 Faculty of Law, Vilnius University, Master’s degree in Law